Started walking with The Spider Whisperer again. We used to walk in the evenings, every evening, for about an hour or so. We stopped shortly before my mom died and with all the stress, grief and hellidays, we’re just now getting back to it.
It’s still early, so we’re not sure if we’ll get in EVERY day, but we’ll try. The last two nights consisted of us going to CVS for prescriptions (first me; then the next day, her).
It’s supposed to rain tonight, but as long as it isn’t uber cold and heavy, we’ll still walk. It nice to get out of the house (I’m a hermit) and have grown-up girl talk. We can bitch about our kids, relationships, womanly woes and whatever else we feel like. It gets a nice, low-impact work-out in and does wonders for the mental health (and I will admit, I’ve slept better the last two days – although, I still wake up super tired, but at least I’m sleeping LONGER before I get up).
My goals for the year are:
- to lose some weight (I’m not going to constrain myself to a certain number. As long as it goes down, I’ll be happy);
- get some more definition (I’d like to stop jiggling as much LOL);
- be nicer to me (i.e., give a shit);
- eat healthier (I’m sure I’d feel better and look better if I was a bit more diligent with my eating habits and menu planning);
- beat my finances into submission (which means losing my wallet);
- pick a few small items in my house to improve (downstairs bathroom, basement, laundry room);
- really work out my routines and get back control (a must for the OCD part of my brain);
- get Jacob into healthier routines (his routines are shot to hell, need fixing);
- CRAFT AGAIN (and more often; and post on CM regularly)
I’m sure I’ll come up with more, but this is a good start.
As for Jacob, he got spacers in last night, so next Tuesday, he will be getting his bottom braces! Obviously, he’s not uber excited about this, but I’m ecstatic! Being a child who had awful, awful teeth and couldn’t afford braces (and had/has SERIOUS body image/confidence issues), I’m so happy to be able to give him this. He’s a handsome young man and now he will have an even more beautiful smile. I had to wait 35+ years for mine, he should have his by, I’m guessing, Christmas (next June at the latest).
I love his metal smile. I can’t help but smile myself.
He’s just so dang cute! 🙂